Sales-focused Business Events
The story behind Small Business Expos.
Our Expos currently run in six regions across South East Queensland, including: Brisbane, Moreton Bay Region, Redlands Coast, Gold Coast, Brisbane West, Toowoomba.
- 3,000 small business owners have booked exhibition stands and 20,000 visitors have attended.
- Over $20 Million in new business revenue generated for our sponsors and exhibitors over the past 4 years. We use post expo surveys to quantify the results and we issue the results to all trade table holders after each Expo.
- Engaged 300 top speakers providing Expo attendees with the latest and most up-to-date trends and information to help them grow their businesses.
- Delivered skills transfers through our ‘’How to Sell from an Exhibition Stand’ Workshops to over 1,600 business owners.
- Supported 30 charities.
- It is the largest business to business grassroots expo program in Australia.
- Awarded an International Stevie Award in 2019 for Small Business Champion
- Awarded the 2019 Women in Business Small Business Champion – Finalist
- Develop business leads and new customers, build brand awareness and expand business opportunities.
- Discover new ideas and new technology to help solve business owners’ challenges.
- Gain invaluable industry knowledge and insights into larger markets both in Australia and internationally.
- Network with industry peers and connect with suppliers, service providers, industry experts and Government specialist departments.
- Connect with potential venture capitalists and investors to potentially help expand businesses.
- Seek information from job support agencies and related businesses as well as employment opportunities
The Business and Jobs Expos facilitates the showcasing of new and innovative ideas to manage and grow businesses across a broad range of industry sectors.
The expos include networking activities, tech hubs as well as informative speaker workshops and are supported by the Federal, State and Local Governments and 65 business industry groups and sponsors.
opportunity to help business owners
About the Small Business Expos
For those in business and seeking ways to generate a greater level of income, the Small Business Expos provide the opportunity help business owners to learn and increase the size and revenues for their business.
Small Business Expos Locations
There are no better events in South East Queensland that provide the opportunity to talk face-to-face with contemporaries and fellow business owners to end users across a broad range of business opportunities.
The Small Business Expos are vital business-to-business expos for small, medium and large businesses and brand owners.
The South East Queensland Business Expos recognize the many challenges that business owners face, from increased competition in Australia and internationally from online sources.
Connect and Communication
With more than 8,000 businesses connecting each year and increasing steadily each year, our communications partnerships enable us to reach more than 66,000 business professionals across South East Queensland.
Our reach is in excess of 400,000 on social media & continues to grow each year.
The Small Business Expos has been embraced by the media and in 2018 was sponsored by Channel 9 and Channel Ten Regional Television Networks as well as Southern Cross Austereo Radio stations and in 2019 by 96.5 Family FM.
1022 exhibitors participated in the Small Business Expos in 2019 and more than 8,000 attendees (majority business owners) connected with other business owners resulting in $7.5 million in business leads.
Giving Back to the Community
Small Business Expos donated to 11 charities and continues to grow as it “gives back to the community”. In 2019, 20 charities were supported. We work with Rotary Groups across South East Queensland and have raised $10,000 in funds for their community programs.
The founder of Small Business Expos
Paula Brand is the CEO of Small Business Expos
Paula is an advocate for ‘invisible” small businesses (mobile, micro, online and homebased) which make up one third of the small business community.
With 24 years of event and industry development experience across Queensland and the rest of Australia, she has won a series of industry awards:
- WINNER 2019 International Stevie Award – Small Business Champion
- WINNER 2019 Gold Coast Women in Business Award – Small Business Chamption
- WINNER 2017 Ambassador Small Business-Homebased Business Community – International Women’s Day – Women at Work Awards
- WINNER 2017 Awardee of Merit – Gold Coast Women in Business Awards – Community Category
- WINNER 2016 Empowered Biz Mums – Leadership Award
The Small Business Expos Advisory Board
Small Business Expos has a four-member Advisory Board to assist with branding, strategy, business operations, crisis management and policy advice. Lean more about each member by clicking the profiles below.
Our Small Business Expos
A Small Business Expo will increase profits and get you connected