Recovery Moreton Bay Region Business and Jobs Expo
Brought to you by Qoin and 10 local business industry groups to assist with the recovery of businesses and increase employment opportunities in the region.
NOW is the time to come together in a sales focused environment to GET OUR BUSINESSES GOING AND GROWING.
This event is the place to connect – promote – sell your products and services to local business owners.
To assist with the recovery of businesses and provide employment opportunities and up to date information.
Apply Now – Part funded expo stands
Apply for a part funded expo stand – if your business has been impacted by Covid 19.
The Expo stands include our fantastic pre expo training workshop “How to Sell from an Expo stand”. All staff
who are helping on the stand are welcome to attend. We have trained over 3000 since 2014.
Book your stand now
1. Go to the TAB Page called Secure Your Spot
2. Use the online booking form to complete your BOOKING HERE
Please minimise the drop down info pack request pop up and go to the Secure Your Spot Page to apply.
WHY ARE THESE FANTASTIC BUSINESS EVENTS?
- Develop business leads and new customers, build brand awareness and expand business
- Discover new ideas and new technology to help solve business challenges.
- Gain invaluable industry knowledge and insights into larger markets both in Australia and internationally.
- Network with industry peers and connect with suppliers, service providers, industry experts and Government specialist departments.
- Connect with potential venture capitalists and investors to potentially help expand businesses.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS
BOOK HERE ; https://moretonbayregionbusinessexpo.eventbrite.com.au
Date: Thursday 29 October 2020
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: The Hope Centre, 18 Buchanan Street, Rothwell
Entry by Gold Coin Donation – funds go directly to Rotary for their community programs.
Now in its 3rd Year of success
CELEBRATE SMALL BUSINESS WITH US
We have had a tough time. This is a great opportunity to come together and celebrate our resilience and to look to the future.
⭐ Head Shot Photos – need a new photo ? Get a free head shot done
⭐ Council advice for businesses
⭐ Information by the Queensland Office of Small Business
⭐ BUSINESS LOUNGE hosted by QOIN
⭐ Food Trucks and Live Entertainment from 11am to 3pm
⭐ Random Acts of Entertainment – we love surprising you at our expos
We have had businesses from over 200 business categories attend.
Start ups – giving you the confidence to step up & promote – we even train you prior to the expo to get ready
Mature businesses – who supply to small business and or provide services and products to the home eg: entertainment, travel, furniture, building, pest control.
A great platform to launch new products and services for any business in the region
Invisible businesses who are online, mobile, franchise businesses or homebased business – that can be local or operating across Queensland or Australia.
The general public who are keen to support local business.
Moreton Bay Region Business and Jobs Expo
The Employability Tool Kit : Strategies to Navigate the Ever Changing World of Work
Dr Rory Mulcahy – Lecturer in Marketing, USC – Presented by University of Sunshine Coast
- Employability skills development
- Creating your digital footprint
- The secret to motivation and engagement
- Job crafting strategies
Employment Strategies with Co-VID-19 Lens
Lesh Prasad – Presented by HELP Employment and Training
- Co-VID 19 impact towards the Employment market
- What is the Employment market like today?
- What does job-keeper & Jobseeker mean for you?
- How do I attract good staff?
CTA – Career Transition Assistance – this is targeted at the over 45 ( mature aged ) jobseekers, this is a Federal Govt approved program
Joanne Easton – Presented by Sarina Russo Group
Joanne is the Program Manager for the Career Transition Assistance Program with the Sarina Russo Institute. She has been working with the over 45 cohort delivering the program both face-to-face and adapting to a virtual delivery platform since COVID 19.
- Tips on standing out from the crowd
- Job search strategies
- New world vs old world hiring
- The importance of crafting your value statement
- Handling setbacks & rejection
The Employability Toolkit : Strategies to Navigate the Ever Changing World of Work
Dr Anthony Grace – Lecturer in Business, USC – Presented by University of Sunshine Coast
- Employability skills development
- Creating your digital footprint
- The secret to motivation and engagement
- Job crafting strategies
How to Nail Your Job Interview
Crystal Anderson – Presented by Crystal Clear Psychology Solutions
- Preparing for a job interview
- 30 second elevator pitch
- Do’s and Dont’s for interviews
- How to nail your job interview
- Potential interview questions
Recruitment at MBRC – how these align with serving our community
Bridget Trevarthen, Principal Onboarding Partner, People, Culture and Safety, Moreton Bay Regional Council
We will be exploring the diversity of roles we recruit at MBRC and how these align with serving our
community, together with a practical demonstration on how to apply for a role with MBRC, supported with hints and tips on how to prepare your application and resume.
Australian Defence Force – Find Your Ideal Role
Warrant Officer Class Two Ballard Corporal
- A career in the ADF is anything but ordinary and is an opportunity to make an immensely important contribution to Australia,
- There is an extraordinary variety of trades and technical professions on offer in the Navy, Army and Air Force,
- The ADF have career options for candidates from high school graduates through to tertiary qualified professionals,
- There is a career option to suit people with broad ranging backgrounds, skill levels, expertise and interest,
- Set yourself up for the future with world class training opportunities,
Voice to Your Business Presentations
Supporting Small Businesses Through Recovery
Mr John Suthers, Regional Director, North Coast – Sponsored by Queensland Office of Small Business
- Queensland Government support for your small business
- Support for workers and jobseekers in COVID-19
- Advice, support and training for businesses during COVID-19
Employment Solutions for Small Businesses
Robyn Pearce- Sponsored by Employment Advisor, EPIC ASSIST
- People with disability and mental health conditions are willing and able to work. They usually only want part time hours, suitable for small businesses.
- There are many benefits a person with disability/mental health condition can bring to the workplace. Unique perspectives, loyalty and increasing your business’ reputation are some of the few.
- Inclusive workplaces are beneficial for all- employee, employer and the community.
- EPIC Assist walks beside businesses/employers every step of the recruitment journey, from presenting job ready candidates, to regular visits once employment has commenced.
- Wage subsidies and ongoing support are some of the benefits of hiring a person with disability/mental health condition.
COVID-19 Crisis & Recovery: Key Website Tactics to Focus On
Peter Baldwin – Sponsored by Small Business Solutions and TAFE
- What your key customer’s need changes are with Covid-19
- How to deliver better web offers, services and packages
- The exact steps how to provide good website content
- Learn the Future for Voice Search, Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots
- How to pull it together so you have clarity & are in absolute management control of your website
Energy Aligned Woman – Align yourself + attract more opportunities in 2020
Heidi Goodman – Sponsored by Minds Connect
- How to Find your Flow and stop struggling
- The secret to increased sales in 2020
- Effective tools to align your Energy in your business
- Ways to become a magnet to your clients
- How to make 2020 your best year in business
Council Procurement Workshop
Hamish Leech, Team Leader Corporate Procurement, Finance and Corporate Services
Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Do you want to understand what Council looks for in a quote or tender submission
- Do you simply want to know what pipeline of capital works Council are planning this year
- Delve into Council’s contracting processes, registering for opportunities, Council compliance requirements, tips on completing your submissions and more.
Tina X Talks Panel
2.30pm – 3.30pm
Amplify your Facebook Ads sales funnels
Jessica Riches – Enriches Business
Jess Riches is the Co-Founder and Lead Strategist for Australian Digital Advertising Agency, Enriches Business. She has generated millions in revenue for her clients, coached and facilitated workshops and masterminds for hundreds of business owners, advertisers and teams and is an expert panellist and presenter for multiple Summits and events. A passionate advocate for empowering business owners and their teams, Jess is known for being an honest, transparent and detailed Advertising Coach, Speaker, Presenter and Workshop Facilitator.
Your image can take you places
Jaya McIntyre – Empire Art Photography
Jaya McIntyre had to overcome some serious hurdles to get to where she is today. Learning to market her business with no money and grow a big personal brand presence for herself is the key to her personal branding photography success.
Show Me The Money (Cash Flow Management Tips)
Blair Verrier – Enrich Bookkeeping Solutions
Blair Verrier is a CPA and owner of Enrich Bookkeeping Solutions. She is passionate about helping small business owners in becoming empowered in their finances through educating them in understanding the numbers and providing high quality bookkeeping services.
How to go from invisible to invincible on social media
Francesca Moi – Empowering Events
Francesca has created a million-dollar business that serves a community of over 350 entrepreneurs that support and transform alongside one another. Francesca is Amazon’s number 1 best seller and has written 3 books, which gives her audience a sneak peek on what it takes to become invincible.
Francesca uses her determination, infectious personality and knowledge to help grow her community of ent
repreneurs to live passionately on their terms, while generating an income.
There is no place in business for modesty!
Annette Densham – The Audacious Agency
Annette Densham is an international award-winning publicity expert with a 30 plus year career in newspapers – The Australian, Financial Review, and Daily Telegraph, magazines (print and digital) and corporate communications. She uses her expertise to teach small business people how to use their stories to connect with the world and build influential brands.
How to stand out in an overwhelming world
Lauren Clemett – The Audacious Agency
Lauren is an International Award-Winning Personal Branding Specialist with over 30 years experience in brand management working within world-leading advertising agencies. She is a five-time bestselling author, Neurobranding expert and co-founder of The Audacious Agency, where she helps entrepreneurs around the world to leverage their personal brand to stand-out and be well known, well paid and wanted.
PRINCIPAL PARTNER – QOIN
As the Principal Partner of all Queensland Small Business Expo’s this year, Bartercard is proud to announce our continuing support for what we believe are the number one business expos in Queensland.
This year, we will be profiling our new brand Qoin, the latest digital currency offering to the global market offering a new level of opportunity to all SME’s. https://qoin.world/
“Our continuing commitment is testament to Paula Brand and her team’s tireless efforts in bringing real economic outcomes to all small business’ that attend these Expo’s either as a buyer or seller, said Andrew Barker, Chief Marketing Officer for Qoin”.
“We have had the pleasure of working with Paula and watching these events grow and also watching her continued support from local councils and business industry groups throughout South East Queensland.”
“In 2020, we are excited to be bringing a brand-new opportunity to the Small Business community in Queensland and look forward to the opportunities to launch, educate and discuss our new digital currency with all business owners.”
COME TO THE QOIN LOUNGE at the Expo to learn how QOIN can help your business.
WE THANK OUR SPONSORS AND BUSINESS INDUSTRY SUPPORTERS
Outsource Safety Australia
HELP Employment and Training
BPW Northlakes and Caboolture
Samford Chamber of Commerce
Queensland Office of Small Business
BforB Networking – all chapters
Regional Development Australia Inc, Moreton Bay Region
Moreton Bay Jobs
Hills and Districts Chamber of Commerce
Brisbane North Chamber of Commerce
HELP US SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESS COMMUNITY
WHAT HAS SMALL BUSINESS EXPOS ACHIEVED IN 6 YEARS
* 3,000 small business owners have booked exhibition stands and 20,000 visitors have attended.
* Over $20 Million in new business revenue generated for our sponsors and exhibitors over the past 4 years. We use post expo surveys to quantify the results and we issue the results to all trade table holders after each Expo.
* Engaged 300 top speakers providing Expo attendees with the latest and most up-to-date trends and information to help them grow their businesses.
* Delivered skills transfers through our ‘’How to Sell from an Exhibition Stand’ Workshops to over 1,600 business owners.
* Supported 30 charities.
* It is the largest business to business grassroots expo program in Australia.
* Awarded an International Stevie Award in 2019 for Small Business Champion
* Awarded the 2019 Women in Business Small Business Champion – Finalist
Contact the Small Business Expos Team
email@example.com or 0475 411 793