RECOVERY GOLD COAST BUSINESS + JOBS EXPO
JOIN US TO GET LOCAL BUSINESS BACK ON ITS FEET
and MORE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY COVID 19
ARE YOU ON JOB KEEPER or JOB SEEKER?
We need more business and people need jobs !
Proudly sponsored by Qoin
Lets work together and reconnect businesses and unemployed for networking.
Let’s fight this economic crisis together so that our local businesses keep their doors OPEN.
Connecting with confidence for information – inspiration – employment + sales on the Gold Coast
Connect with 175 exhibitors and attend 3 speaker workshop programs – it is a fantastic business to business event.
✅ FREE Voice to Your Business Speaker Program – showcasing local businesses
✅ Find out about the hottest way to trade products + services by Qoin
✅ FREE TINAx Talks Panel Sessions – smashing out information + inspiration for Women in Business
✅ FREE Jobs Workshops
✅ FREE Head Shot Hub Photos for your social media + resume
✅ FREE Mentor Hub by the Queensland Office of Small Business
✅ FREE Council advice for businesses
✅ Food Trucks and Live Entertainment
✅ 173 Expo stands
Random Acts of Entertainment – Always Surprising at whats at the expo.
This event is brought to you by QOIN and 14 local business industry groups and sponsors to help businesses get up and go and grow post Covid 19.
BE AN EXHIBITOR
Download the exhibitors info pack www.smallbusinessexpos.com.au
Part Funded Expo Stand – Apply Now – only 10 now available
If you are a business owner who can pay your bills but has less business, then we encourage you to book a part subsidised stand.
BOOK AND PAY at our Secure Your Spot Page https://www.smallbusinessexpos.com.au/secure-your-spot/
BE COVID SAFE
DO NOT ATTEND THIS EVENT IF:
You are showing signs of, or diagnosed with COVID-19
You have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
You have travelled overseas or from a hot spot within the past 14 days.
All patrons are encouraged to download the Australian Government COVIDsafe App.
This is a serious SELL SELL SELL Day – so get into solid sales conversations with
local business owners to grow your customer leads.
Now in its successful 6th Year. Last year we had 216 Expo stands and 3000 people attended.
In the Speaker Area – 10.30am to 12noon
Topic : Why Your Business Should Employ a Trainee
Lena Southwood – Sponsored by Blue Print Career Development
- What is on the job training and how does it work?
- How to fill a Traineeship vacancy?
- What are School-based Traineeships?
- Commonwealth incentives and funded training
- How to equip staff with employability skills for the future
Topic : Employment Strategies with Co-VID-19 Lens
Lesh Prasad – Sponsored by HELP Employment and Training
- Co-VID 19 impact towards the Employment market
- What is the Employment market like today?
- What does job-keeper & Job-seeker mean for you?
- How do I attract good staff?
Topic : Supporting small businesses through recovery
Brett Haagsma – Sponsored by Queensland Office of Small Business
- Queensland Government support for your small business
- Support for workers and jobseekers in COVID-19
- Advice, support and training for businesses during COVID-19
Topic : “Get that Job”
Alec Betham Sponsored by ETC Ltd
- “How to get your name above everyone else
- Preparing for the interview, taking away the nerves.
- A good understanding of the job description and matching current and transferable skills.
- Making sure you are memorable
- Following Up
Topic : “Getting Hired in 2020”
Sally Watson – Sponsored by Sally Watson, Career Coach
- Tips on standing out from the crowd
- Job search strategies
- New world vs old world hiring
- The importance of crafting your value statement
- Handling setbacks & rejection
Topic : Employment Solutions for Small Businesses
Sue Burns & Danny Delaney – Sponsored by EPIC Assist
- People with disability and mental health conditions are willing and able to work. They usually only want part time hours, suitable for small businesses.
- There are many benefits a person with disability/mental health condition can bring to the workplace. Unique perspectives, loyalty and increasing your business’ reputation are some of the few.
- Inclusive workplaces are beneficial for all- employee, employer and the community.
- EPIC Assist walks beside businesses/employers every step of the recruitment journey, from presenting job ready candidates, to regular visits once employment has commenced.
- Wage subsidies and ongoing support are some of the benefits of hiring a person with disability/mental health condition.
Gold Coast Business and Jobs Expo
Voice to Your Business Workshops
In the Speaker Area – 12.30 to 2pm
Topic : Team Building and Development Boosts Recovery
Dawn Jarvis – Sponsored by People & OD Partners
- The greatest business asset you have to ensure your recovery and sustainability is you and your team.
- People make a business, and great customer experience is based on how valued and engaged your employees feel.
- Understand the 7 essentials for team and business health and recovery.
- Take our 28 question health check and discover the areas to celebrate and the areas to work on.
- Find out how to plan your own development as a business leader and the development of a strong STELLAR TEAM to escalate recovery.
- Hear about the power of coaching and mentoring and why it is essential to focus on your development as a business leader.
- Time spent refuelling, time spent on you provides reflection, focus and clarity to drive your business to recovery and beyond.
Topic : COVID-19 Crisis & Recovery: Key Website Tactics to Focus On
Peter Baldwin – Sponsored by Small Business Solutions – TAFE
- What your key customer’s need changes are with Covid-19
- How to deliver better web offers, services and packages
- The exact steps how to provide good website content
- Learn the Future for Voice Search, Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots
- How to pull it together so you have clarity & are in absolute management control of your website
Topic : Teaching English as a Second Language.
Heather Wright – Sponsored by AIT Tesol
- Living the Dream
- How to teach English online from Australia to ESL students overseas.
- How to teach English in the ESL classroom in Australia or overseas.
- How to integrate activity-based methodology while teaching the essential English skills.
- How to create a fun learning environment
Topic : Energy Aligned Woman – Align yourself + attract more opportunities in 2020
Heidi Goodman – Sponsored by Minds Connect
- How to Find your Flow and stop struggling
- The secret to increased sales in 2020
- Effective tools to align your Energy in your business
- Ways to become a magnet to your clients
- How to make 2020 your best year in business
Topic : Why Policies & Procedures are Critical for your Business Success
Greg Arnold – Sponsored by Team Accelerate
- Why policies and procedures are an essential part of your business
- How policies and procedures affect your businesses compliance with laws, guidance for decision-making, and streamlining internal processes
- What your staff need to know about your businesses policies and procedures and the importance of following them.
- When implementation is more than just a matter of arbitrarily forcing employees to do things they don’t want to do.
OUR NAMING RIGHTS SPONSOR – QOIN
As the Naming Rights Sponsor of the 2020 Gold Coast Business Expo and Principal Partner of all Queensland Small Business Expo’s this year, Bartercard is proud to announce our continuing support for what we believe are the number one business expos in Queensland.
This year, we will be profiling our new brand Qoin, the latest digital currency offering to the global market offering a new level of opportunity to all SME’s. https://qoin.world/
“Our continuing commitment is testament to Paula Brand and her team’s tireless efforts in bringing real economic outcomes to all small business’ that attend these Expo’s either as a buyer or seller, said Andrew Barker, Chief Marketing Officer for Qoin”.
“We have had the pleasure of working with Paula and watching these events grow and also watching her continued support from local councils and business industry groups throughout South East Queensland.”
“In 2020, we are excited to be bringing a brand-new opportunity to the Small Business community in Queensland and look forward to the opportunities to launch, educate and discuss our new digital currency with all business owners.”
COME TO THE QOIN LOUNGE at the Expo to learn how QOIN can help your business.
Contact the Small Business Expos Team
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0475 411 793
WE THANK OUR SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
Bartercard South Gold Coast
Red Energy Promotions
Outsource Safety Australia
Help Employment and Training
Optus Business Centre Gold Coast
Grow Advisory Group
Bendigo Bank Paradise Point
BNI Gold Coast and Tweed Shire Region
Outsourced HR Solution
The Audacious Agency
Southport Chamber of Commerce
The Gold Coast Innovation Hub